What You’ll Hear in Today’s 15-Minute Huddle:
- Today’s topics: Andrew’s journey as a professional athlete and all about his amazing Apps.
- I’m joined by Andrew Fair. He is a professional basketball player, creator of YouthKinect and HoopKinect Apps, Author and an all-around awesome guy!
- Andrew’s journey to becoming a professional athlete after suffering an injury.
- How traveling for his career broadened his horizons and taught him about hard work.
- How Andrew started his YouthKinect App and how the App helps high schoolers find scholarships for college.
- HoopKinect App’s development and how it helps athletes find agents and teams.
Links & References:
- You can connect with Andrew: www.thehoopkinect.com, YouthKinect in App Store
- When a Son Knows His Mother’s Heart
My name is Andrew Fair, 2012 Business Management graduate from the University of St. Francis, founder of YouthKinect, and current professional basketball player. I was born and raised on the south side of Chicago in the Roseland community. It was a tough environment. I witnessed things a child should not have to experience. Fortunately, my family did not allow me to become a victim of my circumstances. I was one of few from my community to graduate high school and college, and to live my dream of being a pro basketball player, having experienced over 5 countries at 28 years old.
Outside of my passion for basketball, I always wanted to own a business, but I also knew that I wanted to provide a service where I give back to those who come from communities such as the one I grew up in. I was fortunate to earn an athletic scholarship, but with 11 brothers and sisters, it was tough putting everyone through college. While playing in Lithuania, I developed the concept for YouthKinect. There are too many kids with the physical talent and academic abilities, but are simply unaware of the resources available to them. In my heart, I strongly believe that if and when YouthKinect goes viral, it will help a lot of kids and will improve our communities in Chicago and across the USA.
CONTINUE THE HUDDLE
We love hearing from you!
If you have a question about today’s episode (or want to ask a question of your own for the podcast), you can email me at email@example.com or head on over to the Sports Moms United Facebook Community