What You’ll Hear in Today’s 15-Minute Huddle:
Ever feel like the communication gap between a coach, you and your athlete is the size of the Grand Canyon? It happens. Hey, we’re emotional, complex humans, right?
In today’s huddle, I talk to Ian Goldberg who is a passionate sports dad, youth sports coach and Founder of iSport360.com. Ian created an APP to get parents & coaches communicating….talking and sharing information without emotional baggage, judgment, blame, and shame. Say what? Yep, we can do it.
If you don’t use this tool and you have a kid in sports who has a coach and you have to communicate with them…..turn the volume up and join us for solutions.
Ian and I discuss…
- Who he is and why he started the company and developed this App.
- Why there is a disconnect between parents and coaches when communicating with the kids.
- Why creating an infrastructure for youth sports communication makes sense.
- How we can take best practices from education and apply them to sports.
- How the APP works and why it brings everyone together on the same page.
- What type of feedback the APP allows and why it’s so important.
- What Ian and iSport360.com would like to accomplish with the APP and where Ian sees youth sports headed in the next 5 to 10 years.
Meet Ian Goldberg
Ian is a passionate sports dad, youth sports coach and Founder of iSport360. He spends more time at the ballfields than most but considers it valuable R&D for the company.
What is the iSport360.com APP?
Sport360 is a mobile app that helps sports parents and coaches share objective feedback on their young athletes. Did you know: There are 30MM sports parents in our country who are frustrated by the lack of player feedback from their kids’ coaches…which is especially upsetting when many are spending thousands of dollars a year on sports. But to be fair, coaches don’t have the time or tools to let every parent know how their child is doing.
So the problem is a huge expectation gap between parents and coaches that leads to hyper-stressed parents on the sidelines and arguments over who made the travel team, who gets the starting position and who gets more playing time.ed.
Links & References:
Please check out the website at https://isport360.com/
Sign up for a Free 21-day trial here https://app.isport360.com/
CONTINUE THE HUDDLE
We love hearing from you!
If you have a question about today’s episode (or want to ask a question of your own for the podcast), you can email me at email@example.com or head on over to the Sports Moms United Facebook Community