What You’ll Hear in Today’s 15-Minute Huddle:
If your child doesn’t truly love playing the game, is it time for them to find something else they really love and pursue it?
In today’s huddle, Marisa & Vinny Malts, owners of Bloodline Hockey, talk with us about their approach to youth hockey and why their mission is to show kids their true potential on and off the ice and to give them the confidence to reach the goals they strive so hard to achieve
Marisa, Vinny and I discuss…
- What Bloodline Hockey focuses on and how they help the players achieve their personal best in their physical, mental and emotional elements of the game.
- What does “Life skills education” through sports really mean and why players have to understand who they are as individuals and what they really want and not just what someone wants them to be.
- Why communication has to be a top priority.
- A misconception that many parents have and why understanding that love is greater than the work is a MUST in the beginning.
- How to watch for signs that your child is really loving playing and why noticing those signs is so important.
- Why making life and sports FUN is where we, as sports parents, should spend our energy and why OUR energy in life is more important to our athletes than our words.
- Why developing your BEST ATHLETE is more important than becoming the best hockey player or baseball player, etc. and do your kids really get better when they play travel sports?
Bloodline Hockey is an athlete focused thought, play and life strategy program. Our mission is to show kids their true potential on and off the ice and give them the confidence to reach the goals they strive so hard to acheive.
Marisa is a certified Eliminate Your Limits coach and has a background in sports marketing and ice hockey. She founded Bloodline Hockey with her husband, Coach Vinny. She brings a unique and fresh perspective as she’s worked and been a part in almost every aspect of the game.
Check out Vinny’s bio here.
Links & References:
Follow these links to find Marisa & Vinny’s resources
CONTINUE THE HUDDLE
We love hearing from you!
If you have a question about today’s episode (or want to ask a question of your own for the podcast), you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or head on over to the Sports Moms United Facebook Community