What You’ll Hear in Today’s 15-Minute Huddle:
When you look at the big picture of youth sports what words immediately come to mind? How about “fun”? How about “integrity”? Are those in the top ten?
In today’s huddle, I talk with, Glen Mulcahy, founder of Paradigm Sports and For the Love of the Game. Glen has over 20+ years of coaching experience with men, women, boys, and girls in multiple sports and he is on a mission to bring the game back to the kids…where it belongs.
Glen and I discuss…
- His journey as a sports parent, a coach, founding of Paradigm Sports and the founding of For the Love of the Game.
- How “For the Love of the Game” became the digital extension of Paradigm Sports and creates a positive solution for coaches and parents.
- How For the Love of the Game is focusing on solutions instead of just talking about the problems.
- How to change the dialogue from “dealing with parents” to “engaging parents”.
- What does For the Love of the Game mean for coaches, players, parents and even officials?
- Why there is no such thing as an ELITE athlete at the youth level. .
- Why developing your BEST ATHLETE is more important than becoming the best hockey player or baseball player, etc. and if your kids really get better when they play travel sports.
With over 20+ years of coaching experience of men, women, boys
He firmly believes in quality coaching development, board members and parental education to assist organizations
-UBC Alumni – BPE (now KIN), Major: Motor Control and Performance
-UBC Kinesiology Mentor and Expert Panel Speaker
-Founder and CEO, PARADIGM Sports
-Executive Director, For the Love of the Game
-Speaker for Changing the Game Project
-Member of Quality Coaching Collective
-Team Member of The Personal Sport Record
-Hockey Canada NCCP Facilitator & Regional Evaluation Coordinator for BC Hockey
-Former competitive athlete in multiple sports, played on provincial winning teams in Hockey, Football and Rugby
-Proud parent of two who have gone through the sport “system” since 2000
Links & References:
Follow these links to find Glen’s resources
CONTINUE THE HUDDLE
We love hearing from you!
If you have a question about today’s episode (or want to ask a question of your own for the podcast), you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or head on over to the Sports Moms United Facebook Community