What You’ll Hear in Today’s 15-Minute Huddle:
In today’s huddle, I talk with Coach Donnie Bostwick, who has made a remarkable rise in the basketball-coaching world. His track record of winning is truly astounding, but what Donnie tells us is that without God absolutely none of it would have been possible.
If you have questions about how faith and sports can come together, listen in! Coach Bostwick shares his experience with us and why he always puts his faith first.
Coach Bostwick and I discuss…
- Where he came from, how he was raised and how the example of his father’s work ethic impacted him.
- How his Mother’s faith influenced their family and many others.
- His path as an athlete (winning a national championship as senior in college) and his journey as a coach (winning a national championship as a coach).
- How his college coaching journey, on a high note, contrasts with his personal loss.
- One principle that he stands on and why. And The moment when Donnie put God first, family second and basketball moved from job to ministry.
- How and when Spirit Led Coach started.
- What Spirit Led Coach desires to do through this platform..to teach, to encourage and to empower coaches to create a ripple effect that points to Jesus.
Raised in Pryor, Oklahoma the son of a stone mason, Donnie Bostwick has made a remarkable rise in the basketball-coaching world, being part of over 500 victories at the collegiate level to date. Donnie has had uncommon success at every stop in his journey. He is one of the few coaches in America that has competed for championships as a player, head high school coach, assistant college coach, and then taken multiple teams as a head coach to the top of the mountain.
The winning percentage and championships speak for themselves. What sets Coach Bostwick apart is his passion for Jesus Christ. He unapologetically shares his faith and uses his coaching success as a platform to bring Glory to the King. God has shown him an overabundance of favor in recruiting and on the floor success. He has used that favor to travel the world declaring Love of Jesus. His wife Sheri and four children are all active in his coaching ministry.
Overall Head Coaching Record at OKWU – 6th Season (160-29) – .847 winning percentage
Overall Head College Coaching Record – 12
NAIA National Champion Twice
NAIA National Coach of the Year Twice
Coached in Championship Games
Won National Championships at both NAIA Division I and Division II levels.
Coached Five NAIA National Players of the Year and many All-Americans.
Links & References:
Follow these links to Spirit Led Coach:
CONTINUE THE HUDDLE
We love hearing from you!
If you have a question about today’s episode (or want to ask a question of your own for the podcast), you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or head on over to the Sports Moms United Facebook Community